Monday, September 13, 2010

Bags of XXX



I've hoarded all my clothes no matter how big or small they were. All the clothes that fit stayed on the right side of the closet, while all these clothes I used to wear a decade or more ago were housed on the left. Why keep all those old non-fitting clothes? Well, I had a plan that someday I would actually get motivated, get smaller, and fit into those old clothes again. In fact some of these clothes have moved multiple times from apartment to apartment throughout the years.

Well, I finally got my shit together and lost some weight, and wouldn't you know it, there needed to be a rearranging of closet space. All the clothes on the right side of the closet were all XXX- or XX-large sized. At one point, not too long ago, those giant threads fit over my frame, but now unless I want to look like a sagging, hiphop wannabe, I needed to get rid of them.

Now I have two big garbage bags full of right-side-of-the-closet too-big-for-me shirts, jeans, and slacks ready to be donated to Goodwill. Tomorrow. And slowly, my attire from the other side of the closet is starting to enjoy life out of retirement.

Luckily, at this stage of my weight loss, I'm back at a place I've been before, so there's clothes I've stored that fit. Was I a forward-thinking frugal master, or just a pack rat? Who knows, but almost certainly a year or so from now, absolutely nothing I own will fit right. I guess it's time to start saving my pennies now for new duds.

1 comment:

  1. Glad we didn't buy you a t-shirt in Canada. You got something a lot better.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete