Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Mysteries of My Diet Revealed

Let there be no mistake about it, I have no intention of hiding how I'm going about my program. Over the past few weeks there are a couple of websites that have really been helping to track everything, and there is no reason to keep that bottled up.

Of course, this leaves me open to scrutiny, but I'll have to take the bad with the good. So, the two sites that I use most regularly to track everything are:


MyFitnessPal.com -- this is your standard calorie-counting site. I used DailyPlate.com last year, got bored, and now I'm on to this one. There are plenty of features, including of course an iPhone app to ease the whole process. The tracking is useful to me, and have lots of fun scouring through my daily diet and letting me know all about what I should or shouldn't be eating. I will take everything with a grain of salt though, because in my heart I know that what I'm doing is working. So there. Here is my profile for MyFitnessPal.


DailyMile.com -- this one is a social networking site encompassing every kind of workout you can imagine. You track your distance, time spent, how you felt about the exercise, and can leave a little message about that particular workout went. It tabulates and summarizes week to week for you, and there are places to accept various challenges. For me, I'm trying the walk 100 miles in the month of August, and barring any unforeseen circumstances, it should be perfectly doable. Here is my profile for DailyMile.

Now, for the scrutiny. Have at thee!

2 comments:

  1. 100 in 31 days - reading how are you doing this should be very doable.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I can get the 4.5 mile walk in every morning like I've been doing, I'll get to just about 140 miles by the end of the month. The 10,000 steps-a-day program from shapeup.org is highly motivating, and the pedometer I use helps regulate the whole thing for me.

    ReplyDelete